We appreciate your interest in the OSU S.A.G.E. Program and look forward to providing you valuable education and training in the field of aging.
Please read the following information before registering:
- The Registration Form is designed to provide us with necessary registration information and "holds your place" in the next S.A.G.E. Series (or the next S.A.G.E. course).
- The S.A.G.E. Series begins Spring Semester (early January).
- You may pay your tuition (on-line or by check) at the time you submit your registration, or pay your tuition by the due date for the specific semester.
- All students who complete the OSU S.A.G.E. Program are awarded a Certificate of Completion in Gerontology from The Ohio State University Office of Geriatrics and Interprofessional Aging Studies after successful completion of the Series (certain exceptions apply).
- Current OSU students interested in pursuing the OSU S.A.G.E. Program should complete the S.A.G.E. registration process. OSU Students SHOULD NOT pay their tuition fee from this web site.
Each course in the OSU S.A.G.E. Program is approved for seven (7) hours of continuing education credit by The State of Ohio Board of Executives for Long-Term Services and Supports (BELTSS), in accordance with BELTSS regulations regarding maximum annual 7 hour online continuing education credit. The BELTTS approval number is 004-SS-17.
Ohio Social Workers, Independent Social Workers and Social Work Assistants may submit a Request for Post-Program Approval to the Ohio Counselor, Social Work and Marriage and Family Therapist Board for continuing education approval for OSU S.A.G.E. Program courses.
Continuing Education Requirements
Students are required to complete all assigned readings, review all web resources, view assigned videos and participate in weekly discussions with interdisciplinary class members and faculty throughout the semester for each course. Contributions to the discussions are expected to be informed, thoughtful and respectful of other opinions and positions. All students are expected to successfully complete all assignments in order to effectively demonstrate their proficiency in each S.A.G.E. course. Course faculty will determine a "satisfactory" or "unsatisfactory" grade at the end of each course in the series.
Students are granted seven hours of continuing education credit per course (or 21 hours for the series) from the Office of Geriatrics and Interprofessional Aging Studies of The Ohio State University, which may be presented to professional credentialing organizations for possible continuing education credit.
Tuition: $550 each for Spring, Summer and Fall Semester, or $1,650 for the series (You may pay tuition for each course seperately or the entire series by the tuition due date).